RE: 4 Link Expert

To: drmayf@mayfco.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 4 Link Expert
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 14:56:47 +0000
Hiya Mayf,  howya been ?     I see you've been busy having fun  ;- )     you
dawg you

FWIW:  I had Alston's drag race chasssis tuning manual for lengthy studies
on rear suspension design.  However I 'homebuilt' all my suspension pieces
as per patterns and advise of an old VERY accomplished dragracer name of Ron
Scott, that I useta crew for for on a AA/A back in the way-back....  I
did'nt like the idea of a single diagonal link for fear of strength issues,
so I built an adjustable  'wishbone track locator' per Scott's design on
Boogie Woogie with 3/4" chromemoly heims on all points... -using bars  of
about 1 1/8" diameter...

'strong is th' watch-word'

But I did'nt like the 'wishbone'...   it didn't 'feel'  "Strong enough"  or
"solid" enough to suit me.

I finally built a panhard bar out of a stout  D.I.R.T. stockcar aluminum
front radius rod with 5/8 chromemoly heims, and used 3/8 wall  2"X2" angle
iron to make the 'bolt-on' brackets... bar is about 20-22" long I recall
-mounted parrallel to the rear  ( 9" ford axle. )

NOW    it 'feels'  right   ;-)     and goes around corners like stink...

( BTW:  BW weighs 2500 #)

that's m' take onit...  what little that I "know"...     -  keep askin'
others     ;- )

Cheers,.. -it's just "Dirt Track Doug"

Forever leadin' the way in the eternal search for Hot Blues,
                                    Cold Beer,  Fast Cars and  Warm Willin'
Wimin'..

Dog training, Murdersickle parts, Aerial Surveillance, Match Races, Sprint
Cars
Killer Minibikes, Babes Ooogled, Flintlock Rifles, Speedway Bikes, Bears
Neutered,
Certified USDA Beer Tester, free political analysis, Wheel stands throughly
enjoyed,

                                 ...and "Slide Jobs" fully appreciated for
the FINE ART that they are.