I like the "call a class" idea!

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: I like the "call a class" idea!
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 19:13:15 EDT
With the crowd this year and years to come, most everyone will only  get 1
run per day. Resigned to that fact, why have 500 racers and crews sit in  line
all day long. Calling a class at a time is the only answer to reduced  time in
the dreaded line. We have 8 category's of race vehicles in this order in  the
rule book.

Special Construction
Vintage Roadster
Vintage Coupe
Modified
Classic
Production
Diesel Truck
Motorcycles

You would wait for your class to be called before leaving for the  pre-stage.
At most you shouldn't have to wait more than an hour in pre-stage. I  for one
would much rather wait in the pits at the RV than sit in the line for 6
hours without "amenities". Or better yet, sleep in, hit the pool and meander
down
to the salt at noonish.

We could do it two ways.

1. Everyday start by calling "Special Construction" and work our way  through
the list as listed in the rule book.

or,

2. Everyday, rotate which category starts in the morning.

Method 1 would give everybody an approximate time they will run every  day.

Method 2 gives all category's a crack at the desirable morning conditions
but each day you would be running at different times.

Considering some want to get two runs in the day, we could do the class
thing for 1 round then open up the lanes to grab and growl in the  afternoon.
The
normal pre-stage and 5 o'clock cutoff would remain in effect  after all class'
have made 1 run.

You would definitely spend much less time in the lines.

Otto