RE: Intelligent oiling system - Dana Corp.

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Intelligent oiling system - Dana Corp.
From: "Jim Webb" <jimwebb@nutsracing.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 08:16:05 -0500
Karl,

>From the Dana site, it says that this unit is designed to augment a smaller
(cheaper) conventional pump so that the conventional pump can perhaps be
standardized across an engine family. This Dana pump could be useful,
however for turbo and pre-oiling, although I didn't see any current drain
numbers. As I understand it, pumping oil electrically takes lots of current.
This can be demonstrated by turning your dry sump pump with a hand drill.

Jim Webb
Chock Full o' Nuts