Licensing runs

To: list LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Licensing runs
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 12:50:31 -0600
The 130 Club and 150 Club were originally started with the intent of
exposing drivers to the salt racing experience without the expense of
becoming full on race cars hence the upper limits on those clubs.
That's also why we run the 130 Club cars on the one mile course.

The USFRA meets would welcome additional long course runs.  We can
handle a larger quantity of those entries very easily.  Many faster
cars are involved in El Mirage points chases and those meets are
routinely scheduled the weekend before the USFRA meets which cuts down
on our possible pool of entrants.  Drivers like Mary West in the Tom
Bryant car could have gotten in all their necessary licensing runs in
the two days we had of perfect salt and cooler weather.  If  you will
check back over the time both events have run we have fewer lost days
due to weather at WoS than they have lost at World Finals.

Wes