Engine assembly goo

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine assembly goo
From: Jimwprice@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 20:17:15 EDT
It seems like everyone has their own ideas regarding this procedure but  it
all of the results are either positive or theoretical.  I  have tried
something that didn't work.  In the old flat head days I thought  it would be a
good
idea to use valve grinding compound for engine assembly,  the idea being to
smooth the metal and reduce friction.  In  every motor the horsepower started
immediately diminishing after start up  until the engine came apart.  I tried
different grades of grit but  experienced the same results.  I eventually
switched to a Chrysler hemi and  Valvoline 50 weight for assembly and got much
more
power and engine  life.