Dry Sumps, Vacuum Pumps, Sexy Rumps

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dry Sumps, Vacuum Pumps, Sexy Rumps
From: "Benn" <karhu@california.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:34:05 -0700
Well, maybe not that last one...
Anyway, what happens to oil that is under half an atmosphere or less of
absolute pressure?  Does some of it "distill out"?  Certainly it's not
the same as a more volatile material like gasoline, but I presume
(making a pre out of sue and me) that some of the lighter elements will
gasify (sp?) under reduced pressure.  Any petroleum engineers know the
answer?  Idle speculation also welcomed (oh, hell, why stop
there?--let's go for some flat-out full-throttle speculation...)
Benn