Wheelspin, JCB and a new contender

To: Land Speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wheelspin, JCB and a new contender
From: M Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 08:28:41 -0500
The latest edition of Race Car Engineering magazine may assist drivers, as
they describe the JCB Dieselmax systems that Andy Green focused on.  These
included the wheel spin difference that told Andy when to raise the right
foot control to gain equality with his 4 WD.

The book on the JCB Dieselmax effort is to be published in December,
written by David Tremayne.  If David maintains his usual level of thorough
coverage of a topic this may be a book for speed enthusiasts to find under
the Christmas tree.  (And no, I do not get royalty's as I have had nothing
to do with this particular British project).

Next year, following on from a British Corporate LS project, the German's
are said to be dipping into their wallets.  BMW - using the Rolls Royce
name that does have salt links (first over 300mph) - are expected to get a
car on the salt that will exceed the FIA 409 mph speeds.  Their stated aim
is to become the fastest piston engined vehicle in the World.  Perhaps
someone near Detroit in January '07 will get some more information from the
car show when the project is formally launched.

Malcolm