El Mirage/Baja 1000

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>, <ECTALSR@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: El Mirage/Baja 1000
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 17:58:53 -0600
Well El Mirage dispensed Misery in massive quantities... the wind blew... the
dust joined it.. the track stunk... the SCTA was awesome....  David drove his
heart out... our junk spun in the lights...  one of those tough calls where
your finally hooked up and things are going straight and he hit the Nitrous
and the car simply spun....  There was dirt... but no course... So bad Tonya
just decided to putt thru after she got the Berkeley wicked sideways off the
starting line.... Bless her heart for not giving up thou....

Then David and I ran down to Mexico to watch the start of the Baja 1000...
another one of those Must do things in life...  we had a blast... deciding on
a Class 11 Volkswagen as a Fun deal... might be one of those "real" things
that happen later...

Life is damn good... ( looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight )

Keith