Re: Winternationals '07

To: BWANA343@aol.com
Subject: Re: Winternationals '07
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 00:49:34 EST
In a message dated 12/20/2006 7:44:30 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
BWANA343@aol.com writes:

Race  fans ?,
I'll be in So Cal late January through first half February and  am
considering attending the Winternats at Pomona Feb 11th.
Never been there so any tips on same ? Get reserved tix ? sit where ?  when
arrive ?
Bob, tourist, W

Hi Bob

I always get reserved seats on the pit side of the track. I like somewhere
between the 660' line and half track, as high up as are available. You're close
 enough to the start to catch the action there and far enough down track so
the  cars thunder by at over 200, headers blasting. Makes your chest pound! I
always  walk down track to the finish line and experience the 330 mph rush
through the  traps. Very humbling experience being that close to that kind of
speeds.

I prefer the pit side because I hit the pits as soon as the top fueler's  are
done running. Not into Pro Stock or bikes so I go check out the thrash's
between rounds. You know, mingle with the crew, give the drivers some tips on
winning. LOL

Get there early as traffic and parking sucks.

Otto