Re: Recommendations for final drive ratio and tire sizes for a

To: David.Freiburger@primedia.com
Subject: Re: Recommendations for final drive ratio and tire sizes for a
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 19:44:19 EST
In a message dated 12/27/2006 3:18:35 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
David.Freiburger@primedia.com writes:

Ibve  seen the dyno sheet on a Street Roadster that has been between 200 and
210. It  was 80X horsepower on an engine dyno. So, as a wild bench-racing
guesstimate,  bunder 870b probably does not go 235.

Hi David

Well heck, why build the damn thing?! LOL

Actually, "Under 870 HP" is closer to 650. We're not out to set any  records,
we're out to have fun and see how fast we can go in a car we build
ourselves. Gives us something to shoot for every year.

To me, struggling to accomplish something is more rewarding than acing
something out the first time you try it.

What fun would it be to blow out to Speed Weeks, hop in a car and set a
record the first time you try? Come to think of it, how was it Dave? LOL

Thanks for the Mopar rear end info! It blew me away when such an Icon
responded. You didn't even have to look it up did you?

We're building a short stroke, over square, long rod engine that should  spin
up just fine. In fact I think we'll go with a 4:56!

Otto