Land Speed Racing at White Sands Missile Range

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Land Speed Racing at White Sands Missile Range
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 15:16:56 EST
In a message dated 12/28/2006 4:46:36 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
kturk@ala.net writes:

There  are currently only 5 actual LSR events....  The Silver State deal is
just a show... I don't think they keep records or have a 200mph  club...

Gee Kurt, don't let them hear that!

I never ran in the Silver State Classic but I did do the '84 La  Carrera in
Mexico on a motorcycle. 124 miles of flat out road racing takes a  toll on you
and requires more skill and cunning than straight line anything.  Don't knock
it until you have tried it. Besides, it's a blast! Flat out on the  highways!
Who doesn't want to do that?

I only wanted to include open road racing with LSR to show the  interest in
the sport to the Feds and that there are States opening up their  highways to
racing.

Otto
SWTA