Re: destroke Otto

To: ddahlgren@snet.net
Subject: Re: destroke Otto
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 03:49:31 EST
In a message dated 1/4/2007 7:57:12 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
ddahlgren@snet.net writes:

Rod  length is cylinder head dependant trust me been there done that for
a lot  of projetcts. The longest is not the best for certain.Sorry otto
you know  nothing of what you speak if you think longer is better than
very long it  is a ratio thing.. I do read your posts and others many
close on but at  some point need a reality check.. I have done design
work for GM brodix  pontiac AC rochester and won more races than most
might have been to. Do  every one a favor and do preface things with I
think this........ Not as a  fact unless you have the results and or
engineering to back it up. My only  mission watching this e-mail list is
to have some folks that don't have  money to waste don't waste it if that
makes some sense. You might take this  as an attack and that is up to you
but it is a time out for you as well  give it some thought. I could give
you the resume but it would bore me..  dave

Hi my old buddy Dave.

Well exxxxxccccuuuuuse me! Maybe I should quit sharing my advice with the
list unless I get it OK'd through you first? LOL

Don't blame me, I read it in Hot Rod, my bible and I got advice from  Smokey!
"Stuff in the longest rod that will fit".

Sooooo are you advocating long stroke, small bore and short rods???  I'll
tell you what Dave, you do the calculations you refer to and let us all  know
what you find. 260 cubes max, your way.

I'll hang my uneducated hat on a 4.030" bore, 2.50" stroke with a  5.40
length rod. It gives you 255" of fire breathing cubes, my way.

I was giving a "rule of thumb" for V8 hot rods. I know nothing about 16
cylinder F1's that turn 24,000 ear splitting rpm like you do. I wouldn't  know
where to start with the calculations you refer to, I'm a seat of the pants,
Dyno, time slip kinda guy. Sorry I'm not smart like you but I'm trying to  help
people with what I know works in the application were discussing.

So how long do you want me to "sit out with the reality check"? A week? A
month? Just quit posting all together? LOL

Otto