Not to change the subject, but..

To: LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Not to change the subject, but..
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 11:30:02 -0800
I was looking through my last issue of Hot Rod and read and reread the
Blowfish article.  If I had cash money in hand how much would it cost me
to have the car built? Just like it sat there on the salt. We keep
isisting that the sport is an amatuer sport but with cars having that
amount of money spent on them I think it gets away from amatuers
altogether, lol.  But, I would like to hear guesses as to what it cost
ready to run...

There was a statement that the car made the fastest pass ever made on
the shorrt course at 255 or so. Was this on the car's licensing run at
supposedly 175 mph? I remember when Gribble brought his Bush Grand
National T-bird with the cup motor in it and had to make a licensing
pass at 175. He went 225 or so and the crap hit the fan and he got
yelled at really loudly by the starter. Did that happen here? Or was
this after the175 mph  licensing run? If it was after that run why did
they choose to run on the short course? Bragging rights?  Just curious
as if I had spent that kind of money I would be running it for all it is
worth, lol... But what a cool car...

mayf, way off and far out in pahrump