Re: Flaming!

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Flaming!
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 06:58:21 -0800
Good morning, Dave...
now what you said is true for most technical folk, but I gotta tell ya,
most people aren't. I invite you to the Powerstrike list on
yahoogroups.com to see what I mean.  There are millions of people it
seems who own ford powerstrokes who shouldn't even be allowed to drive.
Every day there are repeated questions of "Why won't my truck run". or
just about that arcane. The cam position Sensor seems to be the worst
offender but it gets asked every day at least twice. The gentelman who
moderates the list is a FOrd master technician and dutifully tell
everyone what to do. I suspect he goes home at night and kicks the cat
and yells at the wife and kids. So not everyone uses the list as a
library with indexing. So easy up on us other old farts, eh? MOst of the
time I don't remember what it was I saw yesterday let alone how to
search for it, lol. To most of us this is a avocation not our main job
and I for one simply forget where and what to do sometimes...

Good to see you up and at em this morning...

Now where is Otto...

mayf, way off and far out in pahrump

Dave Dahlgren wrote:

>big snip
>

> I did a quick search for 'rod length' for the list archive for
>this mailing list and ended up with pages of results and most on target with
>full technical explanations as to the effects and important things to
>consider. On most any borderline serious engineer type mail list or bulliten
>board asking a basic question without referencing the archives would get a
>tirade of responses none pleasant for the person that asked the question. If

another big snip

Dave