Re: Rooms

To: BWANA343@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rooms
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:51:54 -0500
A couple thoughts to kick around re; Rooms at SW
Are there any short term rental houses in either Wendover(s)?
What will this do to SW attendance, and subsequently WoS and WF
attendance?
Is there a Chamber of Commerce person with some plausible answers
regarding
shutting out the LSR crowd?
Is it too late to move the event dates?
Bob W

We got to know the lady that works at the W Wendover C of C last
summer.  I'll try to dig up her name and see if there's any
scuttlebutt among the townspeople  about things like rental housing.
I do have to expect the results to be "Hey, the town's doing well,
everything's rented, we don't care who brings in the money as long as
it arrives."  I don't mean to insult anyone out there -- there is the
old story about how the racers come to town with a $20 bill and one
pair of socks -- and they don't change either of 'em while they're in
town.

I'll ask and see if there are any ideas from the Wendover people.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)