Re: Heat-Wrap, great web site!

To: Flowbench@aol.com
Subject: Re: Heat-Wrap, great web site!
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 14:30:08 EST
In a message dated 1/12/2007 11:54:35 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,  Flowbench
writes:

Otto, yes stainless  will retain heat better. Every application is different
but in general it  sounds like you have all you need with the shielding you
have. I'd remove the  header wrap as it will kill your exhaust system sooner
than you might like,  you'll note that the NASCAR teams you like to mention
from
time to time don't  wrap the exhaust, I wonder why? LOL

If you or anyone else would like to  find out more about it go to
_www.burnsstainless.com_ (mip://065cf148/www.burnsstainless.com)
Lots  of technical information there.
Not a commercial just good  info.

Mike

Hi MIke

I did wonder why Nascar didn't wrap them and rationalized that keeping heat
out of the engine compartment wasn't an issue at 190 mph. Duhhhh.

The web site you recommended is awesome. I jumped right to the tech  articles
and learned a ton of info. The wrap is going in the trash bin!!!  Yippee!!!

Great site for a fabricator like me too!

Thanks Mike!

Otto