Sad News

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sad News
From: drylakercr <drylakercr@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 08:50:31 -0800
Hello-

I have just been lurking for the last year as life has been very busy with
being a mom of "Garmen" the 4 and a 1/2 (don't forget the 1/2) and Madalin
our 2 year old. Plus I have been working full-time in my 3rd grade
classroom. However, our plan is to be back at the Salt this summer.

Anyway, as many of you all are part of our circle of "family" I feel I ought
to let you know that our family has recently experienced a great tragedy. In
fact, some of our land speed racing friends/family have been contacting my
family concerning our recent loss, so I thought I would let you all know
that earlier this week we lost my mom (my dad's ex-wife) and my sister,
Teresa. They were murdered in a murder-suicide.

I know that you all are caring, thoughtful people, however right now,
please know that what we truly need are your prayers and thoughts. I
hate to sound callous...but we are very overwhelmed right now with the
necessary phone calls and decisions that need to be made , so any
extra visits/calls have been difficult. Plus, we are trying to keep
the girls lives as normal as possible...we haven't told them yet as
we are waiting to talk with a child psychologist first to help us
through that difficult task.

If you would like to send a card to my dad feel free:
Keith Young, P.O. Box 4955, Auburn, CA 95603

Thank you for your friendship, support and understanding!

Love,
Katie Young Cortez
#256 XXO/VGC record holder