Re: Speed Week Rooms

To: "Gary C. Hensley" <gary@arrowracing.org>, LandSpeed Digest
Subject: Re: Speed Week Rooms
From: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 08:28:09 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
I can't speak for the Board, but as a long time competitor and worker the
growth of LSR takes it's toll on all of us. With long wainting in lines for
inspection, registration, rooms, food, etc. we all get a little frustrated.

>From the days of a few high dollar street rods parked in front of the old
>Stateline to the now raft of rat rods which seemed to have made Bonneville
>their adopted home. Just a few years back a team or group of guys which may
>have used 2 rooms to masses of large entries where who knows how many rooms
>were taken (JCB come to mind here). If it were not for the rooms the SCTA/BNI
>has been able to keep I would be at Bonneville to set up then leave from
>Friday after inspection and come back maybe Tuesday to get a room so I could
>run. To tell the turth here I would just go home.

Growth causes this and what the motel owners do with those rooms is their
business of which we have no control. I, like many, do not track anything in
the room but everyone is not the same and cannot be expected to be.   Ever
tried to get a room in a NASCAR race town on race weekend?

Many come just to spectate and with out them we might be charging a lot more to
race. I enjoy them. I enjoy the coverage we have recieved in magazines over the
years and with Fries writing more have come.

I have tried, unsucsessfully, to get rooms for my family and since I can't,
they can't come. Hopefully after this year I will make it. If not, perhaps the
USFRA meet will be for me and my family.

Maybe LSR will slow down and there will be a lul' in the action but I'm not
planning on it.  For right now all of us will do the best we can....Good Luck
to all...J.D.