Re: Off topic... but worthy of mention/non LSR

To: kturk@ala.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Off topic... but worthy of mention/non LSR
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 13:14:07 EDT
In a message dated 5/4/2007 7:57:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kturk@ala.net
writes:

If your  nappy butt is stuck with the Executor/Trustee role... and your
dealing
with  more then one of you... rather then deciding as you clean out the house
of  your loved one... simply have different color labels for each person to
put
on items... if two folks want the same thing ... the compromising is  VERY
easy
once it's actually time to spilt up those things that your family  finds of
value.   ( we had 4 colors... and many items that more  then one person wanted
)... the system works.

I've been involved in a few wills in different capacities, and highly
recommend NOT putting too much faith in the colored labels idea.
My wife had a dear friend pass away here in NY around seven years ago that
labeled all kinds of stuff with peoples actual names for what she thought was
simplification. Labels can be tampered with, removed, or discredited in many
ways by creative lawyers or the type of vultures that materialize in these
situations.
The surest method is the specific item and the person receiving it being in
the will. Some of the biggest disappointments of my life are in witnessing the
 transformation in people's personalities when an estate becomes just so much
 material to fight over.
Bob, sadder wiser,W