Re: Fw: Another Granatelli story ... with available photos.

To: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@beyondbb.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: Another Granatelli story ... with available photos.
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 12:17:24 -0700
What a cool old race car. When looking at the web site, something caught
my eye and that was the N2 filled tires because with N2 they don't
expand to change to odometer reading. That seems odd to me since our
atmosphere is about 79% N2 anyway. The other major constituent is O2 and
both are about the same atomic weight and have simialr thermodynamic
properties.  Is there one among us who can explain this to me?  Now I
understand the use of DRY gas to fill since water vapor can and does
expand, but just gas?

Here waiting for parts.....

mayf