Re: Dry sump question

To: joyseydevil@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Dry sump question
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 15:32:04 EDT
In a message dated 5/13/2007 7:04:52 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
joyseydevil@comcast.net writes:

This is  my first dry sump engine . Should there be a check valve of some type
in  case blow-by exceeds the suck of the oil pump ?

John  Burk

Hi John

That will never happen unless your rings are shot. With a dry sump you can
run low tension rings for less friction and more usable power.

Don't run any vents on the crankcase as this will reduce the crankcase
vacuum and you want all you can get. Crankcase vacuum allows the rods and
pistons
to move more easily as things move through a vacuum easier than at
atmospherical pressure.

Definitely vent the dry sump tank and I recommend a puke can on the vent
hose to catch any oil suspended in the air.

Otto