RE: Run Bonneville or not.

To: <Askotto@aol.com>, <speedtimer@beyondbb.com>
Subject: RE: Run Bonneville or not.
From: <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 15:42:29 -0400
ROTFLMAO

Hi Glen and list

I had the sad realization that just running, regardless of going for
records
at Bonneville, takes a lot of bread, especially in a  competitive engine

class like C.

A 20K, SB2.2 engine was only a starting point. Now it should be  stroked
out
to 371", the compression bumped to 14.5-1 and EFI is a must. Now  with
traction control allowed, another 5-7K will need to be expended to stay
remotely
competitive, especially for a rookie like me that thinks the throttle
only has
two settings.

On top of that, Ankle Biter is not as aero as Markleys Tank. I'm
closterphobic (SP) and can barely tolerate being strapped in now much
less  laying flat
looking straight up out a mirror/prisim. Varney's tank has all the  good
stuff
like I described and they consistently run about 10 MPH under the
record,
apparently because of aero. How frustrating is that!

I also "suffer" from additional goals on my "Do before I kroke list".
There's the Nostalgia AA/FD, The BBC, Hilborn injected Can Am road race
car and  the
Blown, Injected Mud Bogger, of all things.

Although I'm up for a good challenge, I'm also a realist. I need$ to sit
out
LSR this year and save up for a quad bypass anyway. I may show as a crew
guy
for my Louisiana buds who are gunning for Freiburgers record. They blew
away
Turks record in Maxton, now their ready for the salt.

Otto

1:52 PM