Re: NON LSR

To: dlodom@charter.net
Subject: Re: NON LSR
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 15:44:26 -0700

In my opinion Dissent is Patriotism in Action.
Some people seem to think that anyone who criticizes the Americans who,
until the next
election, are running the country are traitors trying to destroy
America. I served my country
during the Cold War and have expressed Dissent about some actions of
every president from
FDR to Bush. It is the Constitutional Duty of every American to
critically view the people who
are currently governing America.

For over 50 years I have felt that the foot solders biggest enemy was
the Pentagon. Some people
get excited about that.  I don't care!
My Father was in the Army in the '30's and volunteered for WWII.  I was
born in the Army
Hospital at Fort F.E. Warren  in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I lived  around the
Army for the first
40 years of my life.

I think the dishonorable way Americans treated returning Viet Nam Vet's
was caused, in  part,
by all of the lies the Johnson administration and their Generals had
told Americans.
Americans have never done that before or since.

Show that you care about the troops. Do something. I gave $200.00 to the
USO to buy phone
cards for injured troops in the Hospital. Not much, but a good start. I
also sent letters (on paper)
to both California Senators requesting more money for the  VA.

Bryan

-- { Benjamin Franklin}