Re: If you care NHRA Sold

To: Askotto@aol.com
Subject: Re: If you care NHRA Sold
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 13:13:31 -0400
On May 31, 2007, at 12:49 PM, Askotto@aol.com wrote:

Now move the spectators 1/4 mile away from the track, take the
feels,  sounds
and smells away from drag racing and then take one of the competing cars
away where all runs are "BY" runs and what do you have???

LSR!

Otto

Odd-toe, you've hit on a valid point.  I haven't quite figured out
the great fun in sitting on the sidelines waiting for a couple of
minutes, watching, then "....ZZZOOOOOOOOM!.....", then waiting for a
few minutes more.  It's fun -- but I admit that I'd rather stand at
the line and live the organized frenzy of suiting up, startup, push
off, and bye-bye, racer as he goes off into the distance.

Please -- nothing nasty towards the many that camp along the lines to
watch the fastest race vehicles in the world go by.  I'm glad they're
there, and I truly enjoy having them wave as we tow back, record-
qualifying time slip in hand, after a run.  That's just one of the
priceless things I get out of land speed racing.  I get to participate.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)