Speed Fever - - A Diagnosis

To: lsr list autox <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speed Fever - - A Diagnosis
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 11:30:57 -0700 (PDT)
Most of you guys have been here.  Some of you newbies - - take heed!

  The first symtoms were - - "If I only had a better set of heads".

  OK, take the plunge, and get some new heads.  Well, If I'm going to spend all
that money, I might as well go all the way and get some really good heads.  Oh,
yeah, and they should have Jesel Rockers. Of course, I have to have a new
intake manifold that matches the new heads.  Now, those heads are going to
really make some power, maybe I should upgrade the crank and rods.  You know, a
stroker crank does not cost one penny more and bolts right into the same place.
 Hmmm, might as well get better forged pistons while it's all apart.  You know,
bigger pistons don't cost any more than the stock bore pistons.  With all that
stuff, might as well upgrade the cam just a little more.

  Hmmm, If I just buy another block, I could sell all the old parts as a
complete motor.

  Ya'all know how that goes, right?

  Anybody want a 517 HP 461 BBC?  :)

  DickJ