Re: [Land-speed] Thinking of a car.....

To: drmayf@mayfco.com, LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Thinking of a car.....
From: wester6935@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 18:58:05 +0000
Ron Christensen, the guy on our USFRA radio 1610 (we loan it to the SCTA) built
one of these. He and his wife Ellen set several class records in the 112-117
mph range with it several years ago before whe died of cancer.  He dubbed it
"The Salted Peanut" for some local car shows.  It now camaigns in California at
El Mirage.  Ron played with the turbocharger to get a little more boost out of
the engine.  Ellen actually set the fastest speed with the car ... said it was
because Ron is a road racer and she just drove in a straight line.

Wes

From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>