[Land-speed] Soft Records

To: "AA List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Soft Records
From: "Sparky" <sparky.2211@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 01:24:45 -0700
Otto,
I guess that I am one of those "soft record" no interigity guys you refer to!
When I started in 00 as an engine partner in Skips car there were open records
in all four AA special construction classes.  I was a driver in 01 and we
posted SOFT records of 262.AA/FL l and 267 AA/GL. Now these records wre so
soft----both were below the min. of the 2 club of 280 and 270 that the gas
record has been run on for nearly ever year since and the 608 car who was in
qualifying inpound 4 times this meet before being succesfull by raising the
record 4mph...

Otto, for the life of me I don't understand where you are comming from other
than to vent---sometimes you talk not only from both sides of your mouth but
also your lower body orfice---it dosent become you and does not do JUSTCIE to
the person I thought I found you to be in person.

If you stay in LSR and choose to become other than a one meet ATHOURITY---I
suspect that you will come to respect just what an accomplishment it is to get
that car dialed in as you so stated and to be able to get it down the track on
so many back to back runs.

I know I am having my problems geting my car "dialed in" on the track
conditions we raced on---I am learnig why so many high hp, higher speed cars
have weight and or wings. My goal is to have my Lakester as dialed in as the
HRM and the 608 were this meet.---I should be so lucky----but I do have one
good pass in it and as I continue to make changes as suggested and in some
cases "required"---I will be able to run as my runs as the 608 and the HRM did
this week!!!!!

My hats off to you guys--- thanks for showing what planning and presistance
can do!!!!!!!!

      Sparky
AA/_ L  2211