[Land-speed] Why this list sucks.... Part 1

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: [Land-speed] Why this list sucks.... Part 1
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:08:26 EDT
Remember when I asked the sac religious question, "Is it true the SCTA
volunteers get paid?"

Simple question right? What happened? All hell broke loose. First the truth
was conveniently "omitted" and finally the truth came out that, Yes, the
volunteers get paid a per diem, lodging and some meals. I was totally in favor
of
that and voiced that they should get paid more. I never said anything
negative about the volunteers and have always praised them and thanked them
personally. My question was answered and I was fine with that. I was done.

BUT, what happened??? I and the list was hit with a 5 day barrage of  all the
things the volunteers do, how much they mean to the sport, how I should  come
out and volunteer myself before criticizing them. It went on and on and on
culminating with recommendations I should split because "I'm polluting" the
list".

And for what???? I was totally in favor of paying the volunteers  but
everybody bitching at me totally missed that part, again.

To boot, all of the pollution on the list was from the usual lister's who
told me how wrong I was. They initiated all of it and bitched at me for
"causing" it!

Why was it a big secret in the first place???? Why was I attacked for  asking
the question???

Otto