Re: [Land-speed] Blindfold>From>Jim McNaul

To: drmayf@mayfco.com
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Blindfold>From>Jim McNaul
From: jgmagoo@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 04:17:04 +0000
Hi Doc,

The car I am building IS enclosed and the thought of going through "the
shut-down-bail-out drill seems very real to me.

If nothing else, I intend to practice it blindfolded, and upside down.

It was a suggestion offered in a constructive vein, absolutely no criticism
intended.

I know your car has an abundance of fresh air!!  You lucky dog!

I can hardly imagine anyone driving ANY car that he has to search and read the
labels on the switches and buttons in order to use them!   ;o)  I even try to
familiarize myself with the controls on a rental car before pulling out of the
airport parking lot!

An airplane I used to fly had a WHEEL-shaped knob on the landing gear lever,
and a FLAP-shaped knob on the flap lever.  Seemed like a pretty neat idea to me
and the reasoning was obvious.

Like the question posed by George Carlin:  "Why are the buttons on the ATM at
the drive-up window at the bank also printed in braille?"

JG