Re: [Land-speed] cockpit design and layout OT

To: List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] cockpit design and layout OT
From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 21:43:27 -0500
Greg,
My suggestion is to never have your left hand off the wheel. All
non-steering wheel controls should be done with your right hand. In a
bad situation, you will not have to trade hands. I build cars for a
living and I will not deviate from this policy.
The more you are reclined, the less you can feel the change in side ways
angle to the track if you get out of shape...the recline number is 20 %.
I prefer a tight shoulder width, helps if the car is out of shape.
Slightly bend arms...better strength to control the wheel...never
straight arms.
Cockpit length is about 60 inches approx.

Hope this helps.
joe