Re: [Land-speed] Cell phone for radio?

To: DougOdom <dlodom@charter.net>, Landspeed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Cell phone for radio?
From: john.szalay@att.net (John Szalay)
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 14:43:10 +0000
 Verizon wireless (cellphone) has that feature.
its what they call Push to Talk  or Walkie -Talkie .

http://support.vzw.com/features/data_services/push_to_talk.html

Not sure whom else offers that option. we had it where I worked.
its a good feature, if you need it .  BUT

EDITORIAL COMMENT!
but personaly I find it an annoying thing out in public. Its bad enough
to hear one side of a private conversation, but when its used in public
then you hear both sides..
My .02  cents.