Re: [Land-speed] 2007 Pebble Beach Winner>From>Jim McNaul

To: land-speed@autox.team.net (land-speed-digest)
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] 2007 Pebble Beach Winner>From>Jim McNaul
From: jgmagoo@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 16:46:09 +0000
Wasn't the winner of the 2007 Pebble Beach Concour's a MArmon Meteor?

I know the MOrmons have a lot of influence in Utah and that Ab Jenkins probably
was a Mormon but I don't believe The Church Of Latter Day Saints ever
manufactured an automobile.

I noticed that even the web site link
(http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/20/pebble-beach-week-2007-mormon-meteor-takes-b
est-of-show-at-pebb/)
 called it a Mormon.  I'd like to give the church all the recognition they
deserve but giving them credit for this fine automobile is carrying it a bit
too far!

I guess that the fact that the Mormons are still in business and the Marmon
Company is out of business just proves the old saying "It pays to advertise."

Jim