Re: [Land-speed] The Berekely

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>, <ECTALSR@yahoogroups.com>, "Keith Turk"
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] The Berekely
From: "Tom Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 08:02:45 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
Keith,

You are a prince! If you don't want to explore the car's potential, let
someone else do it. I know that you will always be connected to what it does

Through the years, I have found that I don't need to drive the car in order
to enjoy running it. I haven't reached the point of letting someone else run
it, yet. If my present luck continues, who knows?

We are rebuilding again after our third engine failure within the year.
(Last meet I lost a piston on the first run, (junk in the nozzle screens
from letting alcohol set in part of the system to long). Replaced the piston
and all crank bearings, then Barry took a pass, intending to go  to the 3
mile on a check out run, but broke a rod before he got there.

I have a  taken the machine work to another shop.  I have really screwed up
on some things, but I still feel that something is not right with the
bearing tolerances.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC (hanging my head in shame!)

faint_grain.jpg]

elephant_en.gif]