Re: [Land-speed] Overpriced Junk !

To: <RACE427@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Overpriced Junk !
From: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 08:49:38 -0700
Hey Tony..... Quick knocking childhood fantasies!
>From closeup and careful examination of the homo sapiens americanus (study
subjects: our two sons) I have concluded that childhood lasts until
approximately age 30.
My estimation is that 67 percent of the cars and bikes in land speed racing
are the end stage result of these childhood fantasies.
So what's wrong with having a vehicle with a fiberglass body and no serial
numbers that is so poorly engineered that it can only go in a straight line?
And why should anyone hack up a perfectly good steel 27T roadster body (like
our friend in the salt excavation business) when a fiberglass replica will
do just as well?
Ed Weldon  (LOL...yeah, me too!)