Re: [Land-speed] larger-than-tiny holes

To: "Benn" <karhu@california.com>, "landspeed@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] larger-than-tiny holes
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@beyondbb.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 11:48:04 -0600
Depends on the type of material, Sheet metal, plate and tubing all us a
little different approach. Proper drill speed and the right drill bit angle.
In many cases I use a pilot hole and a spot face on thin metals, they don't
grab the metal and rip it or break your wrist when a larger drill bit grabs
and re locates it across the shop or your gut.
Glen