Re: [Land-speed] Screen

To: bobbyhotrods@comcast.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Screen
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 19:53:44 EDT
In a message dated 9/29/2007 4:03:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bobbyhotrods@comcast.net writes:

Has  anyone ever seen a puny filter or screen on an intake for a turbo? My
deal's  really pretty tight, with the intake facing the block only about an 1
1/2"  away. I should have something there to keep at least the larger fasteners
from  going in. 4" diameter.
Alternately I'll make something, maybe using foam  and a screen. Any foam
experts out there? Thanks, BJ in Beantown, where the  Sox finished in front of
the Yankees.....

I had the same question/argument with my engine  guy regarding the necessity
of air filter on inlet. Does it screw up the  Venturi effect and/or the air
flow? As it's still in the engine compartment I'd  think Salt will work it's
way
in, especially more so as it's not naturally  aspirated.
Am I in the right time zone? Is this the right frequency, Kenneth? I won't
comment on The Yankees/sux as it's non LSR.
Bob W in Yorktown