Re: [Land-speed] Combustion Video

To: Elon <saltfever@comcast.net>, 'land-speed submit'
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Combustion Video
From: <rgg14@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 21:52:59 -0400
It looks to me that there are droplets of raw fuel near the intakes on every
compression stroke. On ignition, they burn with a rich yellow flame instead on
controled explosion. Of course YMMV and I've been wrong before. LOL

---- Elon <saltfever@comcast.net> wrote:
Great video of real-time combustion. Try to single-step through it the
second time to see details you missed on the first pass. Looks like the
injectors are only 50% duty cycle. Try and note the spark travel. It moves
to the end of the ground and then the burn starts. Do you think that is
detonation at frame 00:12. Maybe.

<http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5815350492893860613&hl=en> &hl=en

-Elon