[Land-speed] OT, non LSR 383 Chevy Motor

To: LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] OT, non LSR 383 Chevy Motor
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 15:20:52 -0700
Ok, by some long stretch though my wife's step dad, a young 20 something
(like maybe 21 or so) called me to ask about chevy 383 stroker motors.
He has a deuce coupe he wants to put one in. Trouble is, he has very
little basic knowledge, or money, to get the job done. He thinks he
wants someone to build him a turn key 383. He hands over money, gets
fully running 383 in exchange. Unfortunately he has no clue as to what
this should cost. He wants it to make 450 hp or there abouts. Pump gas.
SOmething that will be fun to drive on the weekends with a little track
time thrown in.  So the questions are, how much should a motor like this
cost. Something reliable for a youngster? SOmething that can also cruise
down the freeway without having to stop for gas at every station. But
still smoke the tires.

I have no clue regards chevies. Some of you guys are true experts at
this.  What can he get for his money and I do not know how much that
might be.

Anybody want to correspond with me on this? If you know or build these
things, please shoot me an email and maybe we can get the kid into a
dialog on what he wants, needs can afford.

mayf