Re: [Land-speed] Helmets Plus semi land speed kart)

To: "J.D. Tone" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>, LSR
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Helmets Plus semi land speed kart)
From: <ifixmgs@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 0:07:33 -0400
Still in the shop at midnight:03  putting the finishing touches on "Killer a'La
Karte"  -  45hp/6 speed 4 stroke Honda powered,  live axle Yerf Dog-style
chassis with  (so far) a 10hp shot of Nitrous in the airfilter and a
pressurized warm-water vaporizer to keep the cylinders   cool.     I've gone
tthrough two free sets of used turf tires from the local mower repair shop in
the first five "maiden" runs  (it's not even a technical virgin anymore...)

 Anyway, from my rusty trusty NHRA rule book (I'd say the NHRA is about as
conservative as any sanctioning body regarding safety equipment) :
Drivers in supercharged, front engine open-bodied cars and Funny Cars must wear
a helmet meeting Snell SA2000, SA2005 or SFI 31.1A, 31.2A, or 31.1/2005 Specs.
 NHRA Helmet Expiration Dates
 -Snell 2000.....1/1/2012
-Snell 2005.....1/1/2017
Mark C -