[Land-speed] Hmmm NO LSR ...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Hmmm NO LSR ...
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:09:23 -0500
So here you go...  When Dave Dahlgren quit smoking last year... it made me
think a bit... and The more I thought about it the better I liked the idea...
so it fermented a bit..and I got to thinking that it would make a cool
birthday present to myself.... so on my 50th birthday I quit smoking...  that
would be 13 days ago...

I'm using a combination of things to make this happen... but the best thing I
did was Get the hell out of my life for a few of the first days...   I took
off for 3 days on a motorcycle and went to a place called " the tail of the
dragon " ... you can look it up on line... but mostly it's 318 turns in 11
miles...  a very cool ride up there in the Smokey mountains... and I got away
from every constant reminder that I had around me...

The second thing was this drug called chantix...  and honestly because I
wanted to quit anyway... it's working like a champ to help me control the
urges...

it's still hard to be in my shop... as every turn there reminds me of a
cigarette... but it's getting much better every day.

DO ME a favor if you wish to respond to this... please do it individually then
a reply to all... most folks don't need to rehash this over and over...

Thanks...
Keith