Re: [Land-speed] Quitting Cigarettes

To: "Mike Siewert" <mdsiewer@ucalgary.ca>, "land-speed-digest"
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Quitting Cigarettes
From: "Tom Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 07:21:48 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
Keith & all,

Congratulations to you Keith, and to all who would like to get their lungs
back. I quit cold turkey  after Speedweek 1961, forty-six years ago. Without
a doubt, it was close to the top of good things I have done. I carried
cigarettes for at least a month, chewed gum and sucked on lemon drops until
my mouth was sore, but I can tell you this. Quitting cigarettes is a "one
urge at a time deal".  If you smoke a cigarette, it is a short term fix..
ten minutes you need another. It is the same with quitting, don't yield to
the urge and it goes away for a while, then will return. Each time you don't
yield becomes easier the next time. What ever you do, don't give in to the
desire to just try one again. Hang in there! I guarantee you it is worth it.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC

faint_grain.jpg]

elephant_en.gif]