Re: [Land-speed] Wheels

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Wheels
From: Dale Krumheuer <dmirror3@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 14:07:46 -0700 (PDT)
Most tire stores can sell new steel wheels for a reasonable price. Having
worked in a salvage yard for many years, I saw far too many used wheels "with
problems".
  Dale Krumheuer
  Cleveland Ohio

Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com> wrote:
  Mike,

If my math is correct, the 114.3mm is 4.5". 4 X 4.5 came onbunches of cars, but
the ones that might have had 15" wheels are: 60-64 Chevy II & Nova; MGA, MGB &
MBC; pre 87 Saabs, TR 1 - 6 Triumphs. All the rest were probably 14" and 13".

You can probably order some reasonably priced after market wheels from Summit
since that pattern was common on small chevs, and early mustangs.

DickJ
In East Texas

Mike Lackey wrote:
I'm trying to find 15 x 5 steel wheels with a 4 x 114.3 bolt pattern and about
a 0 offset. I'm probably not gonna go faster than 150 (probably more like
125...) so I'm thinking stock steel wheels would work fine as long as I can
find a good set. But, how do I figure out what kind of car would have what I'm
looking for? Any ideas? Or just try scouring the junkyards?

Mike

Announcing your plans is a good way to hear god laugh
http://mail.yahoo.com