Re: [Land-speed] [Land-speed on TV)

To: neil@dbelltech.com, "'Gary C. Hensley'" <gary@arrowracing.org>,
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] [Land-speed on TV)
From: <ifixmgs@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 18:37:56 -0500
 I was flipping channels today on my shop tv today when I came across mid-scene
of a yellow 'liner  (alt least that's what it sort of looked like, all
inverted and backwards  in the middle of a  salt cloud of salt spray.  The
show was one of those "I actually walked away from THAT??? docu-dramas.   The
driver was  John Lee - now  driving a blue roadster -  then my compressor
kicked on and I missed the entire interview.    That was some tumble.... are
you a lister, John?
Mark C

Also,  Here's a blast from the past (Aug 1950)
http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2007/06/02/hot-rod-derby-on-the-salt-flats/