[Land-speed] Vent Tube Routing

To: Land-speed@Autox.team.net (Landspeed)
Subject: [Land-speed] Vent Tube Routing
From: bobbyhotrods@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 15:22:10 +0000
Hello list. After looking around for a compact Moontank check valve, I found
one at Coleman Racing. I know the preferred routing for the subsequent vent
tube is a nearly 360* loop around the tank, but I'll confess I don't fully
understand the concept. If any fluid got in the tube wouldn't it interfere with
breathing, or is that the idea, such that any gas that gets into the tube will
get sucked back into the tank? Also, for the sake of a neat appearance couldn't
I just route the tube down the back side of the tank, across, then up to
approximately the same level? Thanks, BJ