[Land-speed] Oil temperature

To: List Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Oil temperature
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 21:26:57 -0800
LIST,

FROM:
http://www.mobil.com/Australia-English/LCW/Audiences/Synthetic_V_Mineral.asp

Mobil 1 Hot Temperature Properties

So what value is this at high temperatures? At high temperatures the oil
molecule in synthetic oils are far more stable and degenerate less. This
means not only do synthetic oils maintain lubrication integrity, they
continue to cool and clean engine components at constant temperatures of
up to 1800C, and can handle short term temperatures in excess of 2000C.

At Bathurst in 2002 when the winning HRT Commodore was running with a
blocked radiator inlet the oil temperature rose to above 2000C yet the
engine not only survived in perfect condition, it won the race.

No  wonder the center section of my turbo was always spotless.
Bryan

FYI... (180C = 356F         200C = 392F)

OBTW - My son put M1  0W-40 in his 4.5 KW Honda generator last summer.
(I gave it to him)
He says it starts much easer when it's cold.   (11:00PM and 34 degrees F)