[Land-speed] Maxton question..

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: [Land-speed] Maxton question..
From: Jimwprice@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 09:55:09 EST
I am planning to run at Maxton next year instead of Bonneville.  I  have been
running a Powerglide with no torque converter and without a trans  cooler.
The trans temp has not been a problem.  I am switching  to a Turbo 400 with a
converter to get an extra gear and eliminate the push  start.  Do I need a
trans cooler on the one mile course?  My S 10 has  a small block with around
700
hp.  It has gone 195 on the long course at  Bonneville.