[Land-speed] Non LSR; Skunk story part 2

To: Landspeed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Non LSR; Skunk story part 2
From: DougOdom <dlodom@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 20:31:11 -0800
Short story.....The skunk is alive and well and we only stink a little.

Long story....... After getting lots of advice from people  we decided
the careful handling of the trap would be the best approach. I found a
blanket and  talking nicely to the cute little furry creature put the
blanket over the trap. So far so good. Now I backed my truck close to
the trap and talking nicely to the cute little furry guy.  I lifted the
trap and with the blanket covering it so he would not see anyone and be
scared slowly put it in the back of my truck. Drove about 3 miles away
to a dead end road that goes into a gully. Drove right by my friends
house that loaned me the trap. Thought about returning the trap with the
skunk inside but its way too close to Christmas and I know Santa is
watching me real close. Now the cute little guy is not showing any signs
of having any problems. So far so good. Carefully lift the trap out of
the truck and put it on the ground. Now this is one of those traps that
opens from both ends and is about 3 feet long and a foot wide and tall.
slowly slide the blanket back far enough to get to the ends and open
them. Now the  little guy decids that he didn't want to leave. After I
wait about 20 minutes he has not made any effort to move. Catch and
release  with fish is the catching part is the hard part not the
releasing part. Now the little guy is becoming a pain in the butt. After
10 more minutes I start pushing on the side of the cage with a stick.
The stupid little varmint is not moving. So I rock the trap a little and
still no progress. Now the mangy little SOB is staring to piss me off. I
need to be getting the streamliner motors in a crate to go to Australia
and I'm standing at the end of a road waiting on a worthless little
rodent to get the hell out of my life so I push on the side of the trap
a little more. Well the trap tips over, scares the mangy flea bag
varmint and he goes off inside the trap. Then he just walks out and down
the road like nothing was wrong. He then stops and turns around and
looks at me like it was all my fault.
Now I have a trap that smells like stink, cloths that had to go into the
washing machine and what ever has been killing my chickens is still out
there.
That was how I spent my Sunday.......Doug Odom in big ditch.....not
wanting to hear any joke about the great white hunter