Re: [Land-speed] getting ready

To: "MEIERLE Mike" <Mike.Meierle@alcatel-lucent.com>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] getting ready
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 08:49:15 -0500
On Jan 7, 2008, at 11:10 PM, MEIERLE Mike wrote:
You know, the CARQUEST in Wendover needs  some props, they really
have come thru every
time I've had a need for a part.

Mike Meierle
#847 F/P/MP
SCTA-BNI/Gear Grinders/Sidewinders/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder

Mike et al:

At SpeedWeek '07 Mike Crawford, the owner/manager of Carquest of
Wendover, visited the event for the first time.  He stopped by at
Salt Talks, he (and some of his buddies) moseyed around the pits, and
I saw them at the start line, too.  He's teased Nancy and me for a
couple of years that we should have invited him to Salt Talks -- so
last year I called him in March to make sure he'd put it on his
calendar.  By the time SpeedWeek rolled around he not only told us
he'd be at the event -- he donated some stuff for the raffle at Salt
Talks.

He builds and plays with Corvettes -- stop by the store and ask him
(he's easy to find -- about 6'6" tall) to show you his cars.

Yup, he's supporting us by being there -- open 7 days a week during
SpeedWeek, and long hours, too -- and he's now coming out to the
races.  Don't avoid his store -- he is being a welcoming business in
Wendover.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan