[Land-speed] Polar Moment

To: <neil@dbelltech.com>, "'land-speed submit'"
Subject: [Land-speed] Polar Moment
From: "Elon" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:45:28 -0800
Hi Neil. Good point, I understand the effect on controllability. I can see,
on a short wheel base, car how you would want to slow down the twitchiness!
However, some small coupes and sedans I see the ballast on the floor near
the driver instead of out back under the bumper. I wonder what is going
there? Maybe it is to get the CG substantially ahead of the CP. If you don't
have much room and the trade is CP vs. PM then I guess you have to opt for a
correct CP. -Elon