Re: [Land-speed] Polar Moment

To: <NT788@comcast.net>, "don thigpen" <piggy@accessatc.net>,
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Polar Moment
From: "joseph lance" <jolylance@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:23:15 -0500
If I remember correctly, some American auto manufacturers (in the 1950s or
thereabouts) went to zero or negative caster to reduce low speed steering
effort (before power steering) with those nose heavy front ends. Then, when
they went to power steering they kept the negative caster specs---that's why
GM cars of that era handled so poorly.

Lance